Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter!


Whew! It has been a whirlwind of a weekend - J.D. had Good Friday off, which was new for us and we loved it! Nice to have some extra time around Easter. I had the experience of making dress pants (for Master S and Big D) and an Easter dress for Miss Lilly - the dress was fun, the pants - not so much. I think we'll be buying those next time! We had the chance to go to Louisville, KY to attend the temple there on Saturday. It was the Brownsburg Ward's (the name for the congregation we attend) scheduled visit and our first here. We aren't used to traveling such a distance to attend - about 2 hours - and the kids got to come with and hang out at the church while we went. I think it was great for them to be more a part of the experience and it certainly helped us remember what Easter is all about.

Louisville is a great place - lots of rolling hills and it was a beautiful day while we were there. Because it is further south a lot of trees and flowers were in bloom that aren't here yet and the kids and I got to check out a great park with a stream, a bridge and a play area. They had a great time finding fish, floating sticks and running around. Miss Lilly loved the bridge over the river and we drove right past downtown. Can't wait to check more out there -



On Sunday we went to church and then headed up to J.D.'s grandmother's for Easter dinner - YUM! Lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins to see, FOOD, and the kids had an Easter egg hunt with the eggs the bunny left on our table Sunday morning. With church at nine, I think he knew we wouldn't make it if we had a hunt too :) Miss Lilly and Master S had a great time - Big D wasn't so sure. J.D. tried to get him to pick up an egg but he just clung to J.D. and didn't really care, but he sure was cute doing it! It was a beautiful day - great to see family and glad to be home today, enjoying the rain ... oh well - good for the grass!

3 comments:

Yorgasons said...

My nieces and nephews are the cutest kids on this planet!! I am so proud to be their aunt!! I love the dress you made its beautiful!! What a fun easter!!

Elisa said...

The kids look adorable! Good job on their outfits! We let Grandma makes ours this year! Yeah!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Little Lilly's dress is so adorable! You are a talented girl. Last time I tried to sew something, I think I unintentionally sewed it onto the sleeve of the shirt I was wearing or something. Dangerous stuff. Just best to steer clear. ;)