Yeah! I got a new sewing table for $20 today! I'm not sure I'll ever buy 'new' furniture again - Craigslist is awesome here! The table is all wood has a way cute edging, needs a refinish on the top, but it will be awesome for all those projects I now have going, in order to get all of you who commented your 'rays of sunshine'! Thanks for the comments and know that I'm working on some, hopefully, cute things as I'm writing this now. Thanks to J.D. for staying late at work so he could pick it up for me on his way home - can't wait to re-organize some things and get it all set for work!
Big D is taking steps away from whatever he is holding onto these days. He only gets a few steps in and then falls, but he is trying so hard. I love that short little stage, where they are just beginning to get the walking thing and want to do it so bad, but don't quite have the balance yet. Their personality just seems to ooze out of them, suddenly, and he is so cute! Well, I am his mother! He is just so kamikaze (sp?) about it - like a bulldozer that stops at nothing (including his sister who loves to lay down on the floor in front of him) and he is so excited when he does it. He loves to dance, he loves to be held on my hip and put his arm up on my shoulder, he loves to say 'all done' and he loves to cuddle, but only if his brother and sister are not around. He absolutely LOVES his daddy - if he hears the garage door open he knows who is coming home.
I'm trying hard to enjoy the moment these days and recognize that life is moving swiftly past. I've been wishing I was working to help cushion things as far as money goes around here, but I'm instead trying to count it as a blessing that I'm not getting phone calls back right now from my job apps and enjoy the chance to just be - be at home, be with my kids, be exercising regularly (yeah!), be cooking nutritious, planned meals, be a mom all the time, be a reader and actually read some good books, be a pretender with my 3-year old, be a homemaker, be engaged in day to day normal life and just be here, present and alive and enjoy it!
Big D is taking steps away from whatever he is holding onto these days. He only gets a few steps in and then falls, but he is trying so hard. I love that short little stage, where they are just beginning to get the walking thing and want to do it so bad, but don't quite have the balance yet. Their personality just seems to ooze out of them, suddenly, and he is so cute! Well, I am his mother! He is just so kamikaze (sp?) about it - like a bulldozer that stops at nothing (including his sister who loves to lay down on the floor in front of him) and he is so excited when he does it. He loves to dance, he loves to be held on my hip and put his arm up on my shoulder, he loves to say 'all done' and he loves to cuddle, but only if his brother and sister are not around. He absolutely LOVES his daddy - if he hears the garage door open he knows who is coming home.
I'm trying hard to enjoy the moment these days and recognize that life is moving swiftly past. I've been wishing I was working to help cushion things as far as money goes around here, but I'm instead trying to count it as a blessing that I'm not getting phone calls back right now from my job apps and enjoy the chance to just be - be at home, be with my kids, be exercising regularly (yeah!), be cooking nutritious, planned meals, be a mom all the time, be a reader and actually read some good books, be a pretender with my 3-year old, be a homemaker, be engaged in day to day normal life and just be here, present and alive and enjoy it!







1 comment:
you are my sunshine, my only sunshine... you make me happy when skies are gray :) you'll never know dear how much I love you...please don't take my sunshine away :) - yay for my fabulous big sister, yay for a fun new table, yay for Big D walking & being his cutie patootie self and YAY for time to just "be." I love you! Hope that helped you feel warmer! :)
Post a Comment