Sunday, March 22, 2009

Beautiful Sunday & Miss Lilly's Fashion Advice

The grass isn't really green yet and the trees still haven't started to show leaves, but it was so beautiful today - it's just got to be spring!!! I don't have any bulbs pushing up to promise me that, but my neighbors do, so I'll just have to rely on them to tell me until I can plant my own for next year. Oh, and the lilac starts I got from my Grandparents at Thanksgiving - yeah, the ones that I brought all the way from Boise in the car between my feet, that endured the blasting heat from the car heater that was right next to it for 3 days ... is ALIVE! I can hardly believe it - after getting it here I forgot about it in the garage for several weeks, so it didn't get water, but I thought I would put it out in the back anyway and it is getting leaves, lots of them! Yeah! They are the same lilacs I planted in West Jordan that were finally blooming last year when I started this blog, so I'm thrilled to think that Grandpa's and Grandma's lilacs will be here in Indiana with us too.

As we were getting ready for a walk after dinner, I overheard Miss Lilly discussing what sounded like something very important ...
J.D. "Miss Lilly why do you still have these on?" Referring to the black tights she still had on, as he is trying to get shoes and socks on her ... keep in mind she had jeans on and this great headband - definitely a fashion statement!
Miss Lilly, "Dad, because I wore tights to church today! (Duh!) And you can't wear socks with tights!?!" all in a tone of voice that displayed a huge annoyance over him not understanding. I love the 60's headband look - and she thinks its pretty "Motto, Motto" too! (that's hot, hot in Madagascar 2 language).

No comments: