Monday, March 22, 2010

Fun on a Shoestring ...

Well, not a literal shoestring, but maybe a shoestring budget :) Not much was spent for the entertainment pictured here - actually nothing was spent! Yeah! The first thing is a little bit of naptime craftiness ... a project in an afternoon if you will. I've seen this kind of thing for cars on a blog and thought it would be perfect for Big D's trains ... and it is a hit! I even used only scrap fabric that I had on hand, so no money spent to specifically make it! Love that! Can't wait to use it while we wait during Miss Lilly's dance class, Big D always needs a little something to keep him from running into the dance class with her. Maybe a castle and princess one is in the works for the soon to endure baseball games in our immediate future ...

The next few things are Big D's new 'I spy' binoculars from toilet paper rolls - genius! He loves them and was entertained most of Saturday afternoon with them. This afternoon it was paper bag robots. Miss Lilly came up with this one - hilarious, especially when Big D and Miss Lilly tried to give each other robot kisses while wearing them!
And last but not least, something that was heard at the lunch table at the Flora home today, just a little peak into the crazy, silly personality of Big D,
Mom: "What are you doing Big D?"
(picture Big D sitting at his plate, trying to draw on his PB&J with a pen)
Big D: "color!?"
Miss Lilly: "You can't color your food Big D!"
Mom: "Silly boy!"
Big D grins ear to ear.
A few minutes later, I hear Miss Lilly: "Big D! Your belly button!"
Thinking he was showing it off by pulling up his shirt - he does that to entertain her sometimes ... I turned around to see him attempting to color his tummy with the same pen.
Mom: "Big D, we don't color our belly buttons!?"
Big D: "No?" lots of giggles "Color belly buttons?!" more giggles!
Oh, the joys and wonder of a two year old - it really is one of my favorite ages, even with the tantrums!

4 comments:

Yorgasons said...

Ben's comment was "Can we get that?" Referring to the Thomas track you made! You are too darn creative...can you share a little of those creative juices with your non creative sister in law...also some of that energy too! I wish I had your energy. Especially right now!

Yorgasons said...

Two year olds are a lot of fun! I was looking back at old videos of Annie when she was two! Man she was cute!!! She still is but in a different way!!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Oh, Kimi, you are so incredibly innovative! You are just filled to the rafters with new ideas. Your children are SO LUCKY. Even if I could generate ideas like you do, I still don't have the sewing machine or other skills to pull it off!

Anonymous said...

This is great Kim. My 3 year old, Max noticed it on my computer screen and wanted to just look at the pictures. He loves trains! Wish I was as creative/crafty as you are :)