Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oregon Coast

It has been a month - yes, just about a month since I last posted anything. Just got a little crazy around here with work, and a family reunion to pack and plan for. We had our first ever 'Yorgason Family Reunion' last week! Yeah! My siblings and parents haven't all been together in about 3 years, so we were all looking forward to this - espeically since last year we kind of got splattered all over the U.S. (one in PA, one in IN, one in Hawaii, mom an dad in ID and a couple at school in UT). As usual I had a few 'little' projects in my head for this reunion and suddenly realized a few weeks before that I needed to get them out and done if I wanted them at the reunion! So all other unecessary things halted and I'm trying now to get back into a normal rhythm - which I need to do quick, school is only 6 days away - ahh! Where did the summer go? Anyway - here are some pics from the family gathering. I think I could have spent the whole summer on the beach ...
This is my favorite pic of Master S -- while traveling (we flew there and back) he wore this hoodie, with his backpack on , and earphones in his ears - didn't matter if they were actually plugged into anything, he just liked to wear them - ha, ha! He did look way too grown up -- he announced a few weeks ago that he wants his own MP3 player ...

Miss Lilly loving every minute in the sand.


Eating ice cream at the Tillamook Cheese Factory - YUM!



Family picture overlooking the coast.

J.D. and me :)



My brothers and I had a little building contest one day -- can you guess which one is mine?

(it's the one on left ... I'm still not sure what it is ... something sea monsterish. How I love the feel of sand on my feet and hands - sorta like to gardening, only more fun!)




This is my nephew -- isn't he adorable?!


This is about how Big D felt about the ocean -- I think he would have enjoyed it more if there wasn't any loud, noisy waves roaring constantly in the background.


This is my niece - I just love her curls!


Big D, much happier at the beach house.


We took a day trip to see the 'Octopus Tree' at Cape Meares Lighthouse. These are all the cousins posing for the many cameras.


One night we had a campfire on the beach and cooked hot dogs and smores -- yummy! The kids (and the men ... you know, that whole fire thing ...) loved it.





On another day we went to Newport's Yaquina Point Light House. This was a really cool place - incredible light house up on a cliff overlooking the ocean and then you could hike down a ton of stairs and explore the tide pools along the rocky shore. We saw seals, lots of birds, starfish, mussel beds, anenome ... in between a few hikes back up and down for the bathrooms! Why do they always have to go at the most inconvenient times?!? Oh, well they were troppers and didn't asked to be carried.




Me and the kids in front of the beach house. 16 people in one house - a little crazy, but we had a lot of fun playing games, eating, talking, crafting, eating, watching movies, eating, playing more games, sleeping a little, laughing at the kids and eating a little more ...

Big D with his favorite pal.


The tiny starfish I found while walking along the beach.


Miss Lilly and her cousin -- they got along so well this trip! Can't wait to see everyone again!


8 comments:

Kasi said...

those pictures are great!!

Gage said...

That looks like you had a blast. We've missed you guys. Glad your home.

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Oh, my heck, that looks WONDERFUL! I've been checking your blog nearly daily for you to post pics from your trip! I recognize lots of these places! SO FUN!!! I especially loved that little starfish. Ahh!!! now I want to go back!!! :)

Claudia said...

Great pictures! You guys all look fabulous! Oregon is one of my all time favorite vacation spots, and those pictures of tillamook yumminess just about had me searching for cheap flights!

Whoa Baby Whoa said...

That sounds like so much fun.

Heather Sycamore said...

It looks like you had a great time. Glad you are back!

Heathelyn said...

That looks like it was so much fun!!

james and bess said...

great pix! looks like a fabulous time! :)! -bess