Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New haircut ...

She has been begging for a haircut for awhile now ... but I've been resisting.
I've had my hair on the short side for most of my life - partly because as a child I wasn't nice to my hair and had to have it short, but mostly because I'm not patient. I've always loved my sister's long hair ... and I so love Miss Lilly's blonde hair - she's always had so much of it!
Miss Lilly has been screaming every time I comb it out in the morning -
So, I started saying,
'Do you want your hair short? We can cut it off if you won't let me comb it.'
Thinking that might motivate her to calm down about the combing thing.
But, I'm pretty sure it backfired, because after that, every morning she'd ask if we could cut it off.
So, while brushing it out yesterday she was screaming again, and I got out the scissors.
I don't really know how to cut little girls hair.
But, I've been cutting Spencer's for awhile now and it always turns out pretty good. Plus, every time I actually pay money for his haircut it doesn't really look that much better than when I do it, so I figured I'd try it out on Miss Lilly too.
It's a little uneven - but for my first time, not too bad.
And it really is cute.
There are no more tangles in the morning and most importantly,
She Loves It!

6 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Very nice haircut! You guys look like you've had a great summer. I hope all is going well with work, etc.

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Well, Kimi, I certainly don't think you're the impatient type. In fact, I have thought before, "I need to be more patient like Kimi." :) Glad the haircut killed two birds with one stone. And Lilly Lou DOES look cute -- just like her mommy!

Yorgasons said...

Ohhhh!!! I love it too!! she looks great!! Annie would beg for me to cut her hair too! So funny!

Charlotte said...

She looks beautiful! Elena's getting a haircut tomorrow.

Kelsey Kamauu said...

Adorable!!! I will be cutting my in the very near future...the humidity is just too much...hmmm how short should I go? :)

Elisa said...

So adorable!!!