The dishes haven't been done all day, toys are strewn all over the house, up and down the stairs, food from lunch is still sitting out on the counter and the table is covered in crumbs and dishes - because I'VE BEEN SEWING ... for the kids this time! I saw a no sew pattern for these online (http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=525) and then found out a friend in the neighborhood was going to make one for her grandson and she copied off her pattern for me (this version is the sewing one) - so, I've been meaning to try it out for a few months and here is the finished product(s). I decided to make one for each child, that way there is less to squabble about and they turned out so great. The kids have been playing with them all afternoon. So, hooray for summer forts and easy clean up - well the fort part, not all the toys collected from every part of the house that they are playing with under them. Oh, well - I work tomorrow, so J.D. can clean up! Ha, ha - like that will happen ... but, isn't that what summer is for - marvelous, messy fun ... that you'll clean up tomorrow!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Summer Forts
The dishes haven't been done all day, toys are strewn all over the house, up and down the stairs, food from lunch is still sitting out on the counter and the table is covered in crumbs and dishes - because I'VE BEEN SEWING ... for the kids this time! I saw a no sew pattern for these online (http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=525) and then found out a friend in the neighborhood was going to make one for her grandson and she copied off her pattern for me (this version is the sewing one) - so, I've been meaning to try it out for a few months and here is the finished product(s). I decided to make one for each child, that way there is less to squabble about and they turned out so great. The kids have been playing with them all afternoon. So, hooray for summer forts and easy clean up - well the fort part, not all the toys collected from every part of the house that they are playing with under them. Oh, well - I work tomorrow, so J.D. can clean up! Ha, ha - like that will happen ... but, isn't that what summer is for - marvelous, messy fun ... that you'll clean up tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
Oh, my! Those look like so much fun! You are the best mommy ever. :)
FAbulous! I had one like this when I was a kid, and have wanted to make one for my kids (although I now see the beauty in having one for each). Will you email me how to get my hands on the sewing version of the pattern?
i'm so jealous of your sewing and making things abilities. I wish I could do that...
WOW SOO COOL!!! Love the forts and that they each have one - you are so amazing
Krista - come on over and I'll teach you! We'll make some for the boys - I'd love it!
Claudia - I'll get you a copy as soon as I have a minute to scan it in --- hopefully tomorrow!
SO cute!! way to go, kim!
It was fun to see your comment on our family blog. It will be fun to catch up on your family through your blog. I'll make sure Suzie gets your blog address. Come check our blog anytime!
Post a Comment