Tuesday, October 7, 2008

On the move . . .


Big D will be 8 months next week and suddenly I'm wondering where the time has gone?!? The last several months have been so full of extra-ordinary stresses in life that I haven't realized how quickly he was growing . . . literally! He is 21 lbs. 3 oz. as of yesterday at the Dr.'s office. We are doing monthly visits for a few months just to keep track of his head growth. Apparently, his head is way off the charts - keep in mind his body is on the top of the charts, so I wasn't too surprised, but the Dr. wants to keep tabs on him and watch his head - so I'm all for it :) especially knowing that moving is imminent (as soon as the house sells, which could be a while in this crazy market) and we don't have insurance let alone a Dr. in Indiana yet. I keep saying, "Have you seen his Dad's head?" everytime I see Dr. Cox - "can't find a Cubs hat to fit him" :) I love you J.D., big head and all -- just means there is a big brain in there! But, needless to say when Big D started scooting around the house the other day I was kind of dumbfounded. I wanted to scream . . . "Already!?!" and "Please, just a few more months of blissful stationary play!!!". But, to no avail - he is scooting into corners left and right now and finding himself precariously perched near stairs - you just can't avoid them in this house! So, onto the eyes in the back of my head stage and the ears that can pick apart any sound to discover the mess and/or danger the moving baby is in and if it deserves immediate attention. Wish me luck and lots of patience! Thank heavens for Miss Lilly and her extra set of eyes and motherly influences!

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Why do they grow up so fast? We haven't quite reached mobility over here, but it won't be long now. I think I carry Adayla around as much as possible just so she won't get any ideas about crawling away, and because once she does, she probably won't let me hold her anymore!

Yorgasons said...

Oh my gosh!! Look at that kid!! I want to freeze time!! He has so much hair and its dark!! Ok I don't know how much I am going to have to beg kyle to drive me to Indiana I am going to convince him some how! He is going to be so different next time I see him!! Man he is sooo cute!!

The Silly Witch said...

He is such a cutie. I hope your home sells super quick so you can feel a little settled.