Thursday, October 23, 2008

Witches

So, Miss Lilly and I sat down to draw today. I drew a witch, because it's October and Miss Lilly decided to draw one too. So, this is her witch :) broom and hat included! I love it, Master S has never had the patience to draw, until this year. I think it has something to do with a perfectionistic tendency - hmmmm, wonder who he gets that from! I worried for a while that he wasn't creative, but he is definitely creative, just in a different way. And, he is artistic too, he is just very particular about his drawings, paintings, etc. and gets frustrated easily - but this is getting better too, as he discovers more in school and is realizing that things don't have to be perfect to be good. Miss Lilly is so free in her artistic expression and is so accepting of herself and confident in her abilities. She never questions herself -- wonder if that is a three year old thing that she'll grow out of or if it is part of who she is? Sometimes I just look at my kids and wonder -- they are so incredible -- where did they come from??!?!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

From you, incredible Mom!