Lately Miss Lilly has been asking me some interesting questions.
"Are there monsters in this world?"
"Are there elephants in this world?"
"Are there witches in this world?"
"Are there dinosaurs in this world?"
"Are there tigers in this world?"
For awhile I just thought it was cute, but I'm realizing that this girl is doing some serious thinking. She is trying to organize and categorize all the things she gets read to about and sees on television into real OR pretend. That is a huge thing to accomplish - especially at three. And it is amazing to me that my answers are always accepted and she never asks again. She totally trusts that I know whether there are princesses, or dragons, or monsters or animals or unicorns . . . her mind is a never resting trap of information! Plus, what does "in this world mean"?!?! Does she know about another world??? Something interesting to think about . . .
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
What a smart girl!! I am glad she is making that connection...I don't think annie has made that connection yet. I think she might think monsters and witches and dragons are real...we will see! Well I feel guilty that I have been taking it easy...I actually really wish I was in Utah helping you move and pack up...I have gotten pretty good at it! hahaha! But my house is a mess thanks to my "taking it easy" so since the books are finished and I have watched North and South three times (once was in fast forward so I could stop at all the good parts...yes I really am that pathetic...don't tell Kyle)...now I can tend to the cleaning. AHHHH!! Back to reality!! Kim we would love to see the pictures of the possible houses my email is: lisayorgason@hotmail.com (not too hard to remember huh?) If you email it to Kyle I will probably never see them so please email them to me!! Thanks!! I should of just emailed you instead of sending you this super long comment! Oh well!! Love you Kim!!!
Post a Comment