Tuesday, June 22, 2010

T-Storm,Sirens and Flooding - Oh My!

Last night made me grateful for a few things. Number one on my list is our basement! I am grateful for a safe place to take my children when tornado sirens turn on at 3am to warn sleeping residents of a potential tornado. I am grateful for a husband who doesn't freak out at 3am when the sirens go off, who remains calm and keeps his head on. I am grateful for cell phones and their ability to update us with weather warnings and I am grateful for sump pumps ... yeah, if you live in the west you probably don't know what they are, but they are essential in keeping basements dry if you get over 4 inches of rainfall in 48 hours. It is truly amazing what mother nature can do - the lightning alone last night was unlike anything I have ever experienced, add to that the flooding the county is experiencing today and I am grateful for many things that I take for granted every day. Hopefully we can stay dry today and maybe catch a nap or two!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

We were all up and ready to get into the bathroom and storage room at the Goods, What a crazy night!

Yorgasons said...

I am grateful you are safe!! What an adventure at three in the morning! I love your Flora town pictures!! how cool is that!!