Sunday, June 6, 2010

Projects

These are pics of my most recent adventures ... spray painting wicker furniture (this is a before pic) - I think my right index finger is not only permanently black, but the muscles are loudly complaining too -- I'm a little over halfway through, though, and the results are looking fabulous ... I 'll post a finished pic when I'm done. For $15 dollars and the cost of paint I'm supper excited to have chairs to sit in on my porch!!! I'm also in the middle of painting J.D.'s and my room - all the other rooms got painted in the last house, except the master bedroom, so I decided I would start there in this house. I think I LOVE it! I laugh when I see this picture because it looks too clean, you would never imagine the opposite side of the room is a disaster with painting supplies, half worked on cards, several sewing projects and toys strewn all over the floor.

Both of these projects have been calling my name, loudly ... but it is summer and I'm quickly remembering that summer is ALL about my kids. My room is half painted - and it may remain that way for several weeks. What was I thinking?! Why is it so hard to keep the 'they are only kids once' perspective and enjoy playing, exploring and doing with them? Why do I have this insatiable need to be doing things, painting things, sewing things ...
It is a constant struggle for me and while I have all these grand ideas of things to do together this summer, I also know the reality of the whining, complaining, fighting and teasing that will occur between the three darlings in my house and car as we attempt to accomplish a small percentage of those outings. Oh, may I have the patience, the positive attitude, the smile to grin and bear it and the eyes to focus on the small successes as we enjoy the next 9 weeks of summer vacation!

2 comments:

Kasi said...

Kim, at Walmart or Lowes they have a spray paint attachment that you can put on the cans that makes it WAY WAY easier to spray. And it's only like three bucks. Seriously, I cannot spray paint without it!

And your room looks GREAT!!!!

Claudia said...

It's posts like these that make incredibly sad that I don't live closer to you - I would love to see the other side of that room with all the fun stuff in it!