Friday, June 11, 2010

Patio Chairs!

Can you believe it's the same chair?!? Amazing what a little paint and fabric can do! I was congratulating myself on how 'green' I was to recycle these and then I walked into my garage this morning -- I think my garage permanently smells like spray paint ... which I think counteracts any of the 'green' that came of recycling these chairs. Oh, well -- they are done! And I'm loving having chairs for the front porch. I just need to find a good way to weight them down so that they don't blow away in the next storm. I thought of heavy rocks on the seats, but that totally ruins any of the inviting welcome that I'm hoping to achieve ... any ideas? I got the fabric on clearance at Jo Ann's -- Yeah! And the table that came with them is just a wicker base with a glass top, so I'm going to see if I can find a piece of wood, cut it to fit the top of the base and paint a checker board on it ... thanks for the great idea Dad! Don't you want to come have lemonade on my porch tonight? We'll watch the fireflies dance - one of my favorite things about June here - they are like twinkle lights in the trees and bushes, without all those electrical cords ... truly delightful!

8 comments:

Heathelyn said...

Your chairs are awesome!!

DeeAnn said...

These look great Kim! As for weighing them down, all I could think of was gorilla glueing some lead weights underneath the pads. Have no idea if it would work - or break the chair over time for that matter!

Kathryn said...

They look great!

renn yorgason said...

Maybe you could attach a leash to one leg of each chair ...

Charlotte said...

Those turned out fantastic!! You are so freakin' creative. I hope some it rubs off on me! :)

james and bess said...

the chairs turned out AWESOME!!! yay!

bess :)

The Silly Witch said...

Oh, had i think you should just stuff the legs of the chairs with gold...

The Silly Witch said...

So beautiful! I wish I could come to your patio. And I wish I could get Nick to help me build garden boxes. What's that book you used. I think I could do it myself with a little help from Pippi.