a typical conversation with Miss Lilly these days ...
Mom: "Miss Lilly, we need to get in the car and go to the grocery store."
Miss Lilly: "What does grocery mean?"
Mom: "It means food, like food we buy to make into dinners, lunches and breakfast"
Miss Lilly: "What does dinner mean?"
Mom: "It is the meal that we eat at the end of the day, in the evening"
Miss Lilly: "What does evening mean?"
Mom: "It's about the time the sun goes down, Daddy gets home from work and we are at the end of the day, when the sun starts to go down."
Miss Lilly: "What does end mean?"
Mom (with a slightly frustrated tone): "Finished, done!"
Miss Lilly: "What does finish mean?"
Mom (with a heavy sigh): "Seriously?! It means there is nothing else left to do, it's completed."
Miss Lilly (with a giggle in her voice): "Mommy, what does seriously mean?"
Seriously, I think I'm going to go crazy! Get this girl in kindergarten and teach her to read so I can give her the dictionary!!! I am tempted to give her a 20 questions a day limit ... but I've got too much of a teacher spirit in me to limit her - it certainly is helping me think about the words/concepts that I use and how to define them and what we as grown-ups must sound like sometimes to the little people in our world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Ha! I play the same game every day...and sometimes it ends "because I said so".
I should be thankful that Jessica is only asking "Why?" to everything! So funny, but by the end of the day I'm sure you are really tired of answering questions :)
That little brain exercise would completely drain my energy! Sounds like you did a great job.
Post a Comment