Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Strawberry Girl


To say Miss Lilly loves strawberries would be a huge understatement. She would eat them at every meal for the major part of her meal if she could ... despite any discomfort or unfortunate side-effects. J.D. picked up a flat of them at Costco the other day so I could make some jam ... I know, I'm a little crazy, but I love it homemade - there just isn't anything else like it, and there is such satisfaction from having jars of it sitting on your counter! So, I make a bunch every spring, throw it in the freezer and have it for toast, ice cream and strawberry shortcake the rest of the year. YUMMY! Miss Lilly was old enough this year to help out. It was her first time attempting to use a knife and she did a fabulous job, and she loved every minute!

There is nothing in the world like good, quality mother-daughter time! Love it! (I look really tired in this pick ... thinking I need some new make-up or something ...)

And 6 batches later, 18 pints, a very sticky kitchen, and a beaming Miss Lilly ...

7 comments:

renn yorgason said...

live the dimples . . .

Heathelyn said...

Wow, Kim. Is there anything you don't do?

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Oh, Kimi, you're the last true domesticated mommy. How do you DO all these things?? Sew tents and fancy quilts, bottle fruit and jam, make delicious, fresh bread. I can do NONE of these things. I wouldn't even know where to begin! My poor children are going to suffer like succotashes.

Kasi said...

Homemade jam too?! You are my idol. Want to be best friends?

Heather said...

I agree... there's nothing better than homemade strawberry jam! I don't think I could live without it! I love to stare at all the jars sitting on the counter too! So much fun, and sooooo yummy!

Unknown said...

How fun! I made strawberry jam last week with Stephanie Young. We also used a flat from Costco, but only made 1 batch each :) Your kids are so cute- I think they look just like little Yorgasons :)

Yorgasons said...

I love homemade strawberry jam!! Those strawberries look really good!!! I wish I had a Costco closer!!