
Somehow, the cardboard that we used last year just wasn't cutting it this year - I can blame it on the heavy wet snow we had this weekend, the lack of large peices of cardboard, or the fact that Master S is heavier (he is growing out of his pants, shirts, shoes at an alarming rate these days), but I think it comes down to, well let's face it - cardboard just isn't sledding material! So, realizing that the usual places, like
Walmart, Target etc. would long ago have packed away the sleds for seasonal Spring items (like Easter candy!?!? already!!!) I called the local
Brownsburg Thrifty
Hardware and ... score! They had them and they were even within the budget (living up to the thrify name) - yeah! And, well, as you can see ...

The kids LOVED them! And it's in our backyard!!! I can watch from the window and sip hot chocolate with my feet up.

Ah, well, except one ... Big D much
preferred the ride he got inside, without all the cold stuff to ruin it! What a handsome little man ... it's a good thing he's so cute, it gets him out of a lot of trouble these days!
3 comments:
Holy cow! I totally thought you guys had treked to some exotic locale in the woods until I got to the line about your backyard. That is so much more fun than our house!
This is in your backyard?! Kimi, you must invite me to your next sledding party! :)
I'm jealous - I would LOVE to send the kids outside to sled while I watched nice and warm. No snow here for awhile - it's all over there with you guys!
Post a Comment