Today was a crazy Sunday - not only did I sleep in (yeah!) but I also got to wake up to a breakfast of chocolate covered strawberries (J.D. you did good this year!) ... but I had planned way to much to do before church, which is really not very good when combined with sleeping and too much sugar before 10am! Plus as you can see in the pictures, it is gorgeous here in the morning with the heavy fog leaving every branch covered in frost --- which means it is really cold too! We decided to celebrate Big D's b-day on Sunday because I was working all day Saturday and so this morning I had icing to make, the cake to decorate, dough to make for homemade pizza, sauce to make, shower to take, kids to get ready, lunch to make before church and a bag to pack for singing time in Primary ... whew! Makes me tried just thinking about it all. At about the shower for me part I started to run around like a chicken with my head cut off yelling and pointing at the kids saying -- 'are you busy?!? look busy - or I'm going to make you busy!' It was then that I had a moment of, 'you know your kids are growing up when ...' Master S picked up on my craziness when I told him if he wanted lunch he'd have to make it himself and proceeded to make lunch for all of us. He even put out paper towels with a sandwich on each and goldfish crackers, all without me knowing. When he came in to ask me where the cookie cutters were I started to get suspicious, and asked him why - he said 'I just wanted to make heart sandwiches for everyone because it is Valentine's day." Awesome! I can't believe he did it?!?! They really do grow up ... they really do get it sometimes ... and, wait a minute ... do I really want that?!?!? Anyway - it was a good day.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Crazy Valentine's Day
Today was a crazy Sunday - not only did I sleep in (yeah!) but I also got to wake up to a breakfast of chocolate covered strawberries (J.D. you did good this year!) ... but I had planned way to much to do before church, which is really not very good when combined with sleeping and too much sugar before 10am! Plus as you can see in the pictures, it is gorgeous here in the morning with the heavy fog leaving every branch covered in frost --- which means it is really cold too! We decided to celebrate Big D's b-day on Sunday because I was working all day Saturday and so this morning I had icing to make, the cake to decorate, dough to make for homemade pizza, sauce to make, shower to take, kids to get ready, lunch to make before church and a bag to pack for singing time in Primary ... whew! Makes me tried just thinking about it all. At about the shower for me part I started to run around like a chicken with my head cut off yelling and pointing at the kids saying -- 'are you busy?!? look busy - or I'm going to make you busy!' It was then that I had a moment of, 'you know your kids are growing up when ...' Master S picked up on my craziness when I told him if he wanted lunch he'd have to make it himself and proceeded to make lunch for all of us. He even put out paper towels with a sandwich on each and goldfish crackers, all without me knowing. When he came in to ask me where the cookie cutters were I started to get suspicious, and asked him why - he said 'I just wanted to make heart sandwiches for everyone because it is Valentine's day." Awesome! I can't believe he did it?!?! They really do grow up ... they really do get it sometimes ... and, wait a minute ... do I really want that?!?!? Anyway - it was a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Sounds like a great day. I love/hate my kids growing up. The cake you made little D is beautiful.
Post a Comment