Thursday, February 18, 2010

Quilting BUG

I think that when my children caught this nasty cold virus they are fighting, I also caught something ... not sure if J.D. is grateful that it was a quilting bug instead of the cold bug, or better yet the cleaning bug ... I've purchased fabric for a quilt in Miss Lilly's room, I'm looking for some fabric to finish the blocks I posted last week for Master S' new quilt, I pieced some fabric to make a new bag, and I've spent some time cutting and putting these together in hopes of getting one done to hang in the foyer (in an effort to dampen the noise that seems to bounce around in that empty expanse of wasted space ... just one of the very few things I'm not sure I like about this house). So, here are the layouts -
Basic Pinwheel
Exploded Pinwheel


Basic Flying Geese

Exploded Flying Geese

Any and all opinions are welcome ... I'll let you know which one I end up using!

7 comments:

Yorgasons said...

You my dear have a gift...can we put some orders in!! :) I wish I could catch a bug like that, my sewing machine just got moved to the basement...sad sad day, but its not getting used. I can't wait to see the finished products first hand!

Claudia said...

Amazing! You are just so talented at, well, everything! I love both the exploded pinwheels and the exploded geese - probably the exploded geese best of all, I just love how the fabrics look together!

The Silly Witch said...

I like the exploded flying geese for a wall. I can't wait to see your finished product. How do you keep your two-year-old out of your sewing stuff?

james and bess said...

ooooo, i like the exploded flying geese! :)!

bess

Gage said...

i like the exploded flying geese. Super cute. you are like freakin' super woman...it makes me mad.

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

I like the exploded pinwheel best. :) And Kimi, you put me to shame! I don't know the first thing about quilting. I'm an idiot. I wish I did. Maybe baby Tyler will inspire me to learn and do more... :)

Kasi said...

exploded pin wheel! I can't wait to see it when it's done!