Friday, July 10, 2009

Summertime

We had lots of extra time this week - I was supposed to work two days and got called off - yeah! I love it when I suddenly have big blocks of time to play, even if it means I can't go shopping as much :) On Tuesday the kids and I went to free lunch at the town hall - they got to choose a book, eat a great lunch, visit with friends and the fire fighters / police men. They got to climb up in the fire engine, see the lights and hear the sirens and even got their own firemen hats, etc. The kids LOVED it. On Thursday, we went to a splash park, even though it was raining. The kids had a great time - Miss Lilly loved running under the water, until she realized it was cold outside and Master S was in heaven with another boy his age to run around with. Big D had a great time checking out the big play tractor and just can't get enough of the slide. We went swimming this afternoon, then tonight, after a hot and humid day, we let the kids stay up late and as soon as it was dark went out to watch the fireflies - definitely something I didn't grow up with, and something J.D. did. Master S had a great time trying to catch them and Miss Lilly even tolerated being outside with the bugs - who wouldn't when you get to ride around in Dad's arms?!? Looking forward to a great weekend ... only 21 days to vacation!

3 comments:

Kelsey Kamauu said...

YAY!! what fun- fireflies - how cool! Can't wait - now 18 days!! Wahoo! :)

Yorgasons said...

Ok, Big D looks like he should be three...not one! What a cute kid!! And what a fun summer!!

Jocelyn said...

I love the way you put pictures on your blog ... I'm too dang lazy to figure out how to do that! :-) Looks like a ton of fun over there - we're chickens and staying inside because of the heat! Looking forward to Oct. when we can start riding bikes again ... :-) Take care!