Monday, February 2, 2009

1st Tooth - FINALLY!!!

So, Big D got up this morning and I thought, "I wonder if he has any teeth yet?!", like I have every morning since I realized that he didn't have any at 9 months. And I totally dismissed this thought, mostly because I've looked what seems like a million times after an awful night and had no results! But, for some reason later in the day I noticed he was playing aorund with his tongue and pacifier a lot and I decided to look and sure enough - he has a little bumpy ridge sticking up out of his lower gum line! YEAH!!! I can't tell you how long the wait has been --- of course any mom who has waited for that first tooth through lots on unhappy, sleepless nights can tell you how wonderful this is --- but, we've waited almost 12 months for this! Needless to say we did the happy new tooth dance all day :)

4 comments:

Claudia said...

I know it's not quite the right occasion, but I hope the tooth fairy brings you tylenol!

james and bess said...

finally!!!! he'll be all ready to dig into his cake - woohoo!! -bess :)

Kelsey Kamauu said...

so we want video of the happy new tooth dance...:) Congratulations big D!!! Yay for teeth...so thankful we are almost done with the teeth here...lost track of how many have come - although now there is much interest in the royal bathroom throne...hmmm Anyway, we miss you wish we could see the fabulous tooth in person! :)

caribookscoops said...

Congrats Big D. Our youngest just got her first at 10 and half months. I had pretty much given up on checking and then dad did one Sunday and she had a tooth. I wish it was over. My first had all her teeth by now.