Friday, February 20, 2009

Naptime Crafting . . .

So, I've been wanting to make these for a long time. They are made from a bib pattern that my Grandmother uses -- she makes them for all the great-grandbabies when they are born and they are awesome! I have several, but could always use more and I thought they'd make a great, and inexpensive baby gift. They cover the whole front, plus the sides and over the top of the sleeves, which makes keeping a toddler clean, while eating or painting, etc. a breeze. I decided to try some fun 'food' applique and add Velcro instead of ties - so here is the finished product. The food ones are cute, but I love the airplane one -- it's saved for you Bess :)

I also got some fabulous fabric in Kentucky - thanks Bess! And turned them into drapes - the kitchen was the only place we didn't put up blinds, other than the front rooms ( he living/music room has sheers and the office is a room for books in boxes right now, so no drapes are up). The kitchen was in need of something! -- I think they turned out pretty good -- I'd like to do some roman shades in another fabric for the side windows -- we'll see what I can find for fabric. I only have a Jo Ann's and a Hobby Lobby for fabric close by, so I'll need to do some searching for a bigger selection. Anyway -- always great to do some creating, and pretty inexpensive at that!

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

You are awesome! Everything looks great. I wish I could do that.

james and bess said...

the drapes look fabulous!!! i love the stripe towards the bottom - ingenious! :)! of course, i LOVE the bibs, too - you rock, kim!! :) -bess

Kelsey Kamauu said...

I love the bibs! :) So, can I buy one for my sister-in-law? Mele has asked about those bibs a few times...your house is looking so good! The curtains are beautiful!