Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bored with these four walls? Let's visit the hospital!

Yes, we had another exciting visit to a local hosptial. This time it was the county hospital (a little smaller than the last ER visit) but it was one of the best hosptials I've ever had the chance to visit, which was a good thing -- we were there from Tuesday morning until Thursday afternoon, just me and Big D. Good quality mom and me time!! It wasn't too bad for awhile, all he wanted to do was sleep and snuggle, which who can say no to that?!?! He started with the stomach flu Sunday night and really didn't keep much down, including water for 36 hours, so Tuesday morning when he woke up and promptly threw up a very small amount of water and pedialyte, then laid on the floor dis-interested in anything, I knew it was time to do something. The Dr.'s office suggested the ER, so as soon as Master S got on the bus, Miss Lilly went to play at a heaven-sent neighbor and Big D and I went to the hosptial. In the ER he was diagnosed with significant dehydration and possible viral gastroenteritis and earned himself a few nights at the hosptial, in the pediatric unit, complete with an IV and lots of fuild replacement therapy. Poor guy . . . after a few hours no matter who walked in the room he would cry - and that really didn't change the whole two days. Needless to say I was very excited to come home today - to my own bed, seperate from Big D's and no nurses to come in and check IV's in the middle of the night!!! Hopefully we won't get bored with these four walls again, anytime soon!

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Oh no! The poor little guy. I can't believe how bad every contagious disease is right now. I think everyone I know has sick kids - which doesn't make your life any better, just makes you feel less alone in your isolation! :-)

the Johnson Mom said...

You just can't get away from the docs and hospitals!!!! I am glad that is all it was. So, I need your email. I am changing my blog, a process that has taken way to long and guess what I am getting my gall bladder out on Wed, what did you leave in the water?!?!?!? Send me your email. lyman_n_angela@hotmail.com
Angela Johnson

caribookscoops said...

Oh Kim . . . glad to know you are home and that you are home and he is doing better. Lots of adventures for you and your family.