"What does negative 4 mean?"
That's the question Master S has asked a few times over the last few days. How to you explain negative numbers to a 1st grader? My answer is usually something like, "Well, its less than zero, and it means its really cold!" The windchill is around 20 below here and its pointless to shovel the walk, because the snow just blows back over it. This morning the thermometer said, -15!!! I've never been in a place this cold before! Utah was cold, but with the humidity and the wind here it just is 'bone-chilling' cold. So, we are staying inside a lot, only leaving for important things, like milk at walmart, school (if it isn't cancelled or delayed - which happens more often here, it just starts two hours later than normal), work and of course playgroup today. As a new mom in a new place, playgroup with other moms from church, is incredibly important - almost life saving! So, Miss Lilly and Big D braved the 4 degree high today and made the trek to the church. What a blessing to have people to call friends almost from the moment you move in, or even before if they know you are coming. The gospel is truly an amazing thing, it brings out amazing things in the people who embrace it and try to live it. It is an overwhelming feeling to move somewhere, a place where you really don't know anyone. A place, where it is significantly bigger than the city I was living in before, knowing that no matter where I go, I probably won't run into anyone that I know. It kind of magnifies how big the world really is!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I would not even leave the house for milk! :) sorry kids but we get water...and uh stale cheerios...ha ha seriously, wow! so cold! don't lose any toes k?
Post a Comment