Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!

Big D at 11 months is BUSY! Did I say busy?!?!? Because he is absolutely the most curious, getting into everything, and everywhere, driving me crazy because I can't get anything done when he is awake BUSY! But, he is so cute doing it, that I just can't get mad at him. He is different than my other kids in that he is very careful looking at and getting into things. I think he just wants to see how it works -- he sits and looks at books, turning the pages carefully (just waiting for that to change . . . ), he begs to look at the camera, crying until I give in and then he just sits and turns it around in his hands, oohing and ahhing at it - literally. He has been refusing his morning nap lately -- AHHHH! A half and hour just isn't enough in the morning for me to work out, shower and do the dishes before he is up again. So, wish me luck - I've just got to get up earlier to get some of that done and I've got to skip the early morning feeding with him - no more bottles, so that he won't sleep in until 8. Am I crazy?!?! Yeah - but I need that morning nap for 6 more months!!!!
We woke up to 12 inches of snow this morning, which must be out of the ordinary here, because a man that was shoveling his daughter's drive-way across the street came over and introduced himself and asked, "Do you even remember the last time we had this much snow?" I kind of laughed and said, "Well, not here - we had it in Utah about 12 months ago - not sure what its supposed to be like here yet." It made me feel like home though. Master S was just a little disappointed - he passed the second level of mad minute math at school on Tuesday and was anxious to try out the third today. But, as soon as we went outside to play in the snow and then I reminded him he could play the wii, I think he all but forgot about math for the day. We built snow couches, and slides on the snow and shoveled the walk - which seemed gigantic today. Then we had hot chocolate and just enjoyed being at home. Miss Lilly came down from her bath tonight - all dressed for bed, and she did it all by herself. I was going to help her, but she refused to get out when I could help her, so she decided she'd rather do it herself. And, she did a great job - even tried to comb her hair, but when I said, "Miss Lilly, did you comb your hair?!" She said, "Yes, with the brush in your bathroom, the green one". I said, "OH?" Not sure which one that was, and her response was, "yeah, the one to brush your teeth with". So, I'll be looking for a new toothbrush tonight :)

3 comments:

Claudia said...

What a fun day! The kids look great playing in the snow!

Adayla is trying to give up her morning nap too, and I don't know how to handle it!

Flora said...

Well, I didn't give him a bottle at 4:30 when he woke up this morning - and he really didn't protest, he just went back to sleep --- that was way too easy! I'm sure it will be a different story tonight. He was up at 6:45, ate breakfast, and then started to get tired around nine. Anyway, after some screaming and persistence he finally went to sleep this morning for his nap. Now I realy want to go to play group, but I dont want to wake him up! Are moms ever really happy!??!?

Jocelyn said...

Kim -

Looks like you guys moved up to Alaska, with all that snow you have! I didn't realize the winters there were so brutal. Of course, I view any winter with snow as being brutal now ... I'm overdosed on snow! :-) You look like you're settled in and doing well. Sorry to hear that your little one is trying to give up his morning nap - I know how essential those are to moms. :-) I keep meaning to call - one of these days I'll remember during a time I have time to talk. I always remember at like 11 p.m. or something. :-) Anyway - love the posts and I'm glad you're enjoying life in your new home.