
This morning J.D. announced to the kids that we were going to go see the homes he lived in as a child around Indianapolis. Master S was less than excited, but when we threw in a visit to the Children's Museum afterward, he was hooked. So, we bundled up, piled into the car and started our trek. First we drove up to
Zionsville. Had I known J.D.'s work would be moving from Avon into Indianapolis, more that direction, I would have
definitely looked at homes there. Don't get me wrong - we LOVE our house and where we are at, but we recently found out the company he is working for is moving to a better location, which is another 20 minutes away, closer to
Zionsville. So much for the short commute! But, he is loving his work and it will be a great move for their company. We also went to Carmel and drove around a bit - although J.D.'s memory was a bit fuzzy, so much had changed. It was fun to see J.D. talk about being a kid and remember some of the places and people he grew up around. We've been to the only house I ever knew
growing up, a million times, so it was nice to see him have that chance to talk to the kids about his childhood. Carmel and
Zionsville were both a great areas,
especially for local, home grown, shopping!!! Carmel is
definitely a more expensive area, but both places I
definitely need to check out on my own, that is without children, sometime . . . in the future! So much to discover, and someday I'll have the time, sigh :)

We then went to the Children's Museum - thanks to J.D.'s parents for the year pass. It is an awesome museum! It's like the Discovery Museum in Utah, but on
steroids. Although, J.D. spent some time there as a kid and he remembers it as being much larger - but don't all childhood experiences seem to be recalled as larger than life as we age?!?! I think it is huge still . . . they even have a mini-(Thanksgiving Point like) Dinosaur area that the kids love. So much to do!!! I'm glad we have all year to enjoy it and the kids just beg to stay. We've been three times already! Miss Lilly loves the carousel - it is absolutely her most favorite thing in the world right now, anything that has to do with horses or animals. Master S loves the science area - they have a great place where you can build boats and
maneuver them through channels, a ball maze similar to the one in Utah, a huge construction area, a climbing wall . . . there is so much to look at that even Big D doesn't get bored sitting in his stroller. He is content to just sit and watch it all. Thanks J.D., it's been a great Saturday!

The pics are from the first trip to the museum a few weeks ago. Sorry, Big D's sideways - it won't load the other way.
2 comments:
Your kids are gorgeous. I am making my blog private and would love to stay in contact. Email me at sharonfaragher@gmail.com and I will send you an invite.
so fun! that sounds like a lot of fun - nostalgia is always great to me! This children's museum sounds awesome too! so thinking that I will not come visit you in the winter...just kidding! Wow that is sooooo cold! Glad you got to go to playgroup - the gospel really is wonderful and such a connection - with complete strangers - love it! Love you and miss you! you are amazing!
Post a Comment