Thursday, February 24, 2011

Blue & Gold

Last night was the Cub Scout's Blue and Gold Banquet and guess who forgot the camera.  I'm hoping someone out there took pictures and will send them my way ... They had dinner, a cake decorating contest, games, skits and awards.  For the cake decorating only the Cub Scout and his dad can participate, so Master S and his dad made a cake ... I did my best to stay out of the kitchen, which was hard for me!  I love decorating cakes!   The theme this year was 'Scouting' so the cake was decorated like the symbol of the wolf den that is on the wolf patch and it looked great!  Master S was so excited he told our neighbor that he was sure someone would buy it for $100.  Apparently he had heard from friends that they had an auction for their cake contest, which we didn't do here in our pack ... thank heavens - really, $100 for a cake?!?!  He did however win a medal for selling wreaths for the Christmas fundraiser and he won 'most artistic' for his cake, which makes me laugh because he has forever been telling me that he just isn't artistic when it comes to drawing and coloring for homework assignments.  I told him on the way home that he won't be able to tell me that anymore ... since he was the 'most artistic'! 

2 comments:

Yorgasons said...

Oh I would love to see that cake!! Our blue and gold is this coming week...I won't be going though...bummer. I am on maternity leave! hehehe

The Silly Witch said...

Scout auction fundraisers are amazing. You can get a piano for $200 and people will buys a cake for the same price. Good job letting the boys to their thang.