Monday, March 7, 2011

Random

I'm painting, which usually means everything else falls apart ... which it has ... but the sunny yellow in my kitchen is keeping me smiling despite this.

J. D has strep, Big D has had fevers off and on for a week, Master S had a fever and now has a hacking cough, Miss Lilly had a fever and threw up and is fine after 24 hours (except for a cough), but she is convinced she still has a fever and asked me to feel her forehead several times before leaving for the bus this morning.  I am also borderline sick ... took a sudafed and felt great, until I was wide awake at midnight and couldn't sleep until 4 in the morning, at which time Big D woke up, ah - did I say I was painting?!

We managed to squeeze out a family home evening tonight - we've been going through the gospel art picture kit and reading the stories for each of the pictures, in efforts to help our kids know the stories from the Bible and the Book of Mormon.  Tonight was Noah and we talked about faith.  I asked Miss Lilly what faith was and she said, 'Oh, I know - I have faith that I have bones!'  after talking about how faith is kind of like believing in something you really can't see, like your bones, Master S said, 'Yeah and I have faith that I have a gastrointestinal system!'  I think we'll have a few more lessons on faith ...

Master S read his weekly story from his reader tonight and added a hick accent - it was hilarious!  J.D. and I tried desperately to keep a straight face ... not quite southern and not quite back woods, but it certainly kept us all entertained.

Someday I'll post pictures of the sunny yellow ...

5 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

lol! Oh, what a hilarious post! I mean, I'm sad that you guys are sick, but what a delightful picture you painted (pardon the pun) in my head for me! Your kids are LOADED with personality and I'm so proud of you for writing things like this down. I can't seem to ingrain that concept in so many of my friends' heads! They think they'll remember all the funny things their kids do and say, but they won't if they don't write it down so they can go back and reference it later. Here's to hoping you all get better soon and can tackle your painting project and enlighten your kiddies a *little* more on what faith is. ;~)

james and bess said...

hmmmm.... did s happen to be repeating any accents he heard in kentucky? :)! we've heard some knee slappers! can't wait to see the yellow!

bess :)

Gage said...

You okay? I will call you later today. Missed you this morning.

The Silly Witch said...

I cannot wait to see your sunny yellow. We've got the fever on and off at our house, too. What's up with that?

Don't you love the Gospel Art Picture kit. It is the BEST for quick FHE's and even scripture study. I have faith that I have a gastrointestinal system, too. What hilarious kids that are!

Kyle Yorgason said...

(this is lisa) I am curious about that sunny yellow!! Ok I love the I have faith that I have bones!! THat is awesome!! Miss you guys!