Sunday, November 14, 2010
Thanksgiving
Have you ever noticed how people smile when they talk about things they are grateful for? (this is a great exampe: In the Spirit of Thanksgiving ) There is a sense of impending showers of blessings ... it improves the very ground you are standing on even if it is shaking and ugly with difficulty. Gratitude has a way of smoothing the rough spots and making life a little more bearable, even joyful. I am overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude - for the blessings that are mine. For prayers that are answered, for life that is given, for pain that is eased, for possibilities coming from the impossible. To quote a prophet that I adore, President Thomas S. Monson said recently, "Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's love." Gratitude helps us look past all the frustration of strained relationships, difficult children, unfair turns in life's road and helps us see the strength that comes through working out those relationships, the joy in showing love to our children and the peace of understanding God's plan for us despite those unexpected turns. Gratitude helps us recognize the strength & ability we really do posses as children of God, who receive that strength and ability from Him. Today and I hope, everyday, I AM GREATFUL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
AMEN.
I loved this post. :) Thanks for putting it up. Every time one of my friends makes a post like this, I think about how much I enjoy them - even above all the others like fun trips and cool pictures. I need to start doing this. Posting the REAL stuff that fills life in with meaning. :)
Post a Comment