Saturday, November 6, 2010
He finished!
A year ago J.D. set a goal - we were doing a weight loss game with some friends and he decided that he was going to keep whatever he lost off, by running. I think I claimed he had gone insane at the time ... much to my surprise I started to run a little bit too and actually enjoyed it, until it got dark in the mornings - I hate running in the dark! J.D. was super motivated though, and to keep himself motivated he signed up and paid money to run (yeah - in my book that's a little crazy, pay money to run?!!?) in the Flora Hog Jog (10K in June) and then the Monumental Half Marathon (Today in Indianapolis). In the process he discovered some knee issues, but he kept with it and today he did it!!! He finished 13 miles! Yeah! It was cold - 30 degrees and we were hit with the flu at our house this last week so he didn't have anybody to cheer him on, but he was up at 5:45am full of nervous energy and just a little excited, ready to go. The kids and I made a sign to congratulate him since we weren't downtown. So today we are celebrating! Yeah J.D. !!! Because of you there is a slight possibility that someday, I just might run for real - yeah, me!!! I think paying to run in a 10K is now on my bucket list --- not sure about the 1/2 marathon, but a 10K sounds almost a little bit fun ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
YAY!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! we are super proud of you and need to pick a warmer 1/2 marathon for you and james to run next year - care to do the music city (nashville) 1/2 marathon in april? :)!
bess
Good job! As someone who is only a sometimes runner, I have to admit running is extremely therapeutic. Kim if you sign up for a 10k, let me know. I'm due for a vacation all by myself. I could easily get ready for a 10k.
Post a Comment