Wednesday, November 24, 2010

the Dog's Vacation

Buster spent the weekend on vacation ... and Big D was miserable.  Buster is Big D's stuffed dog - he goes everywhere with him, especially at bedtime!  J.D. had picked him up at the sitter's Friday and the kids from school, while I was at work, and went to the grocery store, ran a few errands and then out to Master S' golf lessons and amazingly didn't keep track of where the dog was too.  Honestly I can't blame him, after school around here is just crazy, especially when you are trying to run errands and get things done with three super-energy charged children.  I count myself very lucky to have a husband who is willing to do it all and pick up the slack when I'm at work!  The kids LOVE him for it and I will always be grateful.  But, we still were without Buster by Saturday night and Big D was beginning to ask ... "where Buster?"  I decided to tell him he was on vacation and that he'd be home soon, in hopes that we'd find one like him on ebay and he'd come home through the mail or er, the airplane, in a few days.  He seemed to be satisfied with that, until Monday morning ... he was so sad!  So, we stopped at the grocery store to get a few others things and I thought I'd ask at the customer service desk if they had a lost and found ... When the man at the customer service desk pulled Buster out from under the counter I thought Big D would jump out of my arms!  He was so excited - he told the man, "Buster home from 'cation!"  So glad to have found him - and now we have an extra in the closet --- came to the mailbox in an airplane yesterday :)  Just wondering how I can satisfy Big D's sudden intense desire to "ride airplane today, Mommy - like Buster!".

2 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

What a great story! :~D He is so darn cute. Look how happy he is... :)

Heather said...

So funny! Casey has a dog just like that and he still packs it around all day long. He used to call it his 'baby dog'. And yes, we have 2 of them!