1st - Someone else was filling up their gas tank at 6 am the day after Thanksgiving - the same station I was filling up my tank (everyone else up at that ridiculous hour was not at the gas station ... they were shopping at the Kohl's and Walmart in our small town).
2nd - That person was a woman - with a cell phone, who kindly let me use it when I found I'd locked my keys in my car, while trying to fill it up, on my way to work. (She owns a landscaping business - if anyone in the area needs some work done, call Erin at Erin's Landscaping --- if she is as good at landscaping as she was at helping me she will be incredible.)
3rd - She was also kind enough to let me stay warm in her truck in the 20 degree weather and have great conversation, which helped to clam my frantically beating heart, while I waited for my husband as he frantically looked for a spare key for said locked car, in hopes that he could rescue me.
4th - This same delightful woman was willing to drive me home when my poor, tired husband (who had been shopping at Walmart until 1:30am) couldn't find a key and hadn't called the neighbors 20 minutes later.
5th - We have incredible neighbors who when they say we can call them ANYTIME, really mean it and will come stay at the house while kids are peacefully sleeping or not so peacefully running around the house so that we can take care of crazy issues that seem to pop up randomly, bur regularly around here!
6th - Once I got home we found the old 'clicker' that had not worked reliably for several years for previously mentioned locked car; it was truly miraculous that we found it and ...
7th - Truly miraculous that it actually worked!!!
8th - I safely arrived at work only an hour late to very understanding and sympathetic nurses who laughed with me.
9th - The day actually improved after starting out so horribly, and we were adequately staffed which resulted in a delightful day of work.
10th - J.D. actually got up on the roof to put lights on the house today and had the courage to do a little more than last year! Yeah! I have to say that despite his lack of an affinity for heights, they look fabulous. Not only are they over the porch, but also the garage this year!
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
So totally awesome!! I wish I could see those lights!! Thank heavens were nice people!!
So glad you made the best of a not-so-sunny situation!
Post a Comment