It was the day - a milestone, one to remember, a day in pictures with lots of smiles ...

Except when Big D realized that he wasn't getting on the bus with the other two. I'm sure it will be the same story for a few weeks until he gets used to the idea of hanging at home with mom by himself. Doesn't he look like he is all ready to go?!?

Master S was excited, although he is a big kid now with a little sister to watch out for. Amazing how he rose to the challenge and even sat with her on the bus!

All ready for kindergarten. I did tear up a little as she got on the bus. It's just such a 'no turning back now' point -

Getting off the bus. They both had great days at school - both were really tired and both are looking forward to another one tomorrow. I was amazed at how quiet it was in the house - I almost didn't know what to do with myself! Not that I don't have things to do ... but I didn't know where to start!

Eating the
http://florasomekindofwonderful.blogspot.com/2009/08/pencil-cookies.html pencil cookies as an after-school snack. They remembered from last year - and specifically requested them. I guess this means we have another Flora Family Tradition - it always makes me laugh when I realize this because the traditions I plan for somehow get forgotten, but the ones that are spur of the moment, one time ideas seem to be remembered and requested and repeated. I should keep a list of them somewhere ...
1 comment:
WOW - School days!! :) What cute pictures! Spencer and Hailey look so spiff in their outfits! :) Daniel is looking so grown up too! I love you and wish I could eat some pencil cookies with you all - gonna have to make those - look so yum!
Post a Comment