Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Truth about the Tooth Fairy

As I said goodnight to Master S tonight, he asked me, 'Mom, are you the tooth fairy?' I was kind of surprised that he asked - since it was out of the blue and he hasn't lost a tooth in a while. I asked him what he thought and then he said, 'Really, mom just tell me, are you?' So, I said very dramatically, 'You don't think I'm small enough to be a tooth fairy?!?' and told him that the tooth fairy is me or his Dad, when I forget - which is what usually happens. I think he wanted a different answer though, because then he said, 'How do you get the tooth from under my pillow?' and then 'Next time I loose a tooth, don't come and get it, I want to see what happens!' I know he is at that age, but it's another milestone that I really reminds me that no matter what, time marches on, kids grow up and that gray in my hair is real!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Oh no! What's next, Santa????
You are totally small enough to be a tooth fairy, and we call them "highlights".

Kasi said...

Oh I am so glad he's not a total disbeliever yet! Daniel doesn't believe in the Easter Bunny for some reason, but he is very convinced that Santa and the Tooth Fairy are real! Sometimes I wonder if he is too old, because I know kids at school have said things to him.