This week has been a little rough around the edges - not sure what it is, except that there is a lot of change in the air. It may be in the 90's with 90% humidity, but Fall is in the air - it is coming (or at least I hope it is - it is way to hot outside!). I have a new calling at church - Young Women's Counselor - I'm feeling just a tad overwhelmed, and a little like I'm a new 12-year old beehive (what the youngest group of girls in the youth group at church are called), not really a fond memory of mine. Miss Lilly starts all-day, everyday kindergarten in 5 days (it really can't come soon enough for both of us), Master S will be back at school too and I will have only one at home (ok, so where did the time go? It suddenly seemed to evaporate ...) Soccer will start soon, and I'm trying desperately to hang on to some of those changes I talked about in my last blog entry. Needless to say there have been a few tears on my part. As a result I've noticed something about my youngest -
This little guy knows when I am hurting. Every time this week during my moments of emotion, he seems to find me, climb into my lap and either cry with me or give me long, quiet hugs. My children amaze me - especially when I get a glimpse of who they really are.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment