Monday, November 30, 2009



Thanksgiving at Preschool - we've never been invited to participate as parents, so it was a treat to get to have a program and feast this year! I remember participating as a child in kindergarten at a Thanksgiving feast and program, so I was super excited for Miss Lilly to do it too. I should have known it would not be as exciting for her ... she got chosen to be a pilgrim --- not what she wanted to be ... so after some weeping and wailing, we compromised and I told her that at preschool she needed to be a pilgrim, but on Thanksgiving at Great Grandma Flora's she could be an Indian, which seemed to pacify her. The morning of the program she was excited (yeah!) but very grumpy by the time we got to preschool ... mornings are not her best time of day (bless the teachers who deal with her everyday). So, when she walked into the chapel grumpy, tears streaming down her face I wasn't too surprised. The assistant teacher stayed up on stage with her for a little bit, I think she was just terrified of being in front of people ... imagine that! She loves to be the center of attention at home! She had her 'angry eyes' on for most of the program, but when it came her turn to sing the turkey song all by herself, she did it - and she even smiled! Loved it! I was so proud of her ... and she made a darling Indian on Thanksgiving day too!

1 comment:

Yorgasons said...

How fun!! Annie was a pilgrim too!! Sounds like Haley acted at the thanksgiving program the way Annie did for the primary program!! oh four year olds!! She looks darling of course in all the pictures!!