And in the spirit of the season, I've been working on this little guy ...
He rode in the car in pieces when we traveled out here almost a year ago (has it really been that long?!?!), and has been in pieces since. I decided it was time to get him put together when I got out my Thanksgiving decorations and realized how pathetic they looked after all the great Halloween stuff I had up. So, after lots of phone calls to my mom (who had one already put together) I figured it out - love the long legs and the silly pants and love having another turkey around that doesn't color on the walls (Big D is way into that lately - big circles in pencil), spread out their toys (Miss Lilly is determined to stake out all the corners in the house as poly pocket princess territory), or give me attitude (ahhh, the joys of 7, almost 8 year olds!) Now this kind of quiet, stationary turkey, I can handle!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Remember this?
Remember this ...
It's been several weeks, lots of sanding, painting and sanding and painting, but here it is!!!

Isn't it beautiful? I LOVE IT! And it only was about $50 for paint, handles and looks awesome in the house ... now to decide what to put in it ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
Your hutch looks awesome! Do you have any pretty nick nacks or dishes you could put in it?
It is beautiful! You did an amazing job. Your turkey is very cute and stationary, non-pooping, non-laying on the ground fit throwing sounds like a great Thanksgiving turkey to me. (hahaha)
ahh! It looks so good!!! I need a hutch for my kitchen so bad!!
Oh, that is a BEAUTIFUL armoire!!! WOW! You go, girl! That thing is SPANKING. Just SPANKING! And SPLENDID, too. It truly is a sight. *Sigh*... Would that I could be much more crafty & creative like Kimi. Oh, well. And I LOVE that Tom Turkey! Especially his bubbly breeches and skinny socks. :-D What FUN! I am so jealous...
so cute. you are so talented. I love the hutch thing.
It turned out so nicely! Good job!
the hutch looks fabulous!!! way to go, kim! -bess :)
You did a great job! The hutch looks awesome!
Post a Comment