Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Happenings ...





So, we've been a little busy around here. Decorating, wrapping, shopping, cleaning, making holiday/wedding attire and sewing various Christmas presents, sending christmas cards, losing weight, writing letters to Santa, going to christmas parties, driving around to look at lights .... wait ... did I say loosing weight?!?! During the holidays?!? Yeah, J.D. and I signed up for this crazy diet in October with some friends - kind of a competition thing (called 'Game On'), and amazingly we've lost 40lbs. between the two of us! Amazing! I'm so ready to take a break and maintain for a while, but it has been great to get back into shape, find our clothes are a little loose, or as in J.D.'s case - falling off - and know that it can be done!!! (with a lot of meal planning, vegetable eating, and exercising - who would've thought?!?!) Anyway, with a wedding and Christmas just around the corner (my younger brother, one of the twins is getting married in CA this weekend) I've had a few things to get done. It's always ridiculous how much there is to do at Christmas, and then when you try to travel during the holidays it has to be done early!?! But I thought I'd post some pics of the kids in various Christmas celebrations. Master S had a Holiday Program at school and surprised us by playing the chimes for the first song - we had no idea! He got to play them with the only other boy his age in his elementary school from church, so that was really fun for him. All the kids are loving story time each night as we choose from a collection of Christmas stories we've collected over the years. Big D especially loves the santa hat. Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Claudia said...

Awesome! Glad you are still alive with all that work...
I'd write more now, but the baking and tepee sewing are taking over my life... :-)

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Oh, Kimi, you guys are so cute! Good job on the weight loss thing. I've shed 18 pounds since May 1st. Ahhh FINALLY!!! It DOES feel great!

And what's with people marrying in December?? I am against that totally. As if people weren't busy enough and had their budgets stretched thin enough!! ;)

~T

Heathelyn said...

We are reading Christmas stories at night too. But I'm running out of stories. What stories are you reading your kids?

Yorgasons said...

See you in three days skinny lady!!!

Elisa said...

So what kind of contest is it? We need something to get us motivated and skinnier! Hope your holidays (and the wedding) are wonderful! Got your christmas card! Man- you guys make cute kids!

james and bess said...

have a great time!! love you!!

bess :)