Thursday, June 25, 2009

11 years later ...

What can happen in eleven years?! Well, apparently quite a bit: 5 moves to and from various apartments, U of U student housing and two homes, vacations to Florida, Michigan, Oregon, Idaho, Indiana, Nevada and Colorado, 3 deligthful children, thousands of betime stories, 5 different jobs for J.D., 4 jobs for me, 6 hospital visits (not counting childbirth ... and they were all in the last year), many & various church callings, thousands of walks in the neighborhood, on the beach, in the mountains, along rivers and lakes, in the desert and the woods, the snow, rain and sunshine, one minor home renovation, 3 cars, landscaping two different yards together (one with sod, the other a work in progress), several computers, only one camping trip (yep - you can tell we loved it ...), 2 trips driving across the country and many flying in a plane, graduted from college - both of us (amazing!), thousands of games of Apples to Apples, Pass the Pigs, Euchre, and Settlers of Catan, many nights of roasting marshmallows by candlelight, and thousands of memories that can't be put into words. What an amazing adventure, with the one I love the most!

9 comments:

the Johnson Mom said...

CONGRATS!!! on eleven years! Hopefully the next eleven have just as many great memories but without the hospital visits.

Yorgasons said...

Awesome you guys!! Congratulations!! Hope you get to do something romantic! hehehe!! Love you both soooo much!!

The Silly Witch said...

Gorgeous picture. Love you guys, and I can see it's a very happy anniversary.

Jocelyn said...

I've never seen any of your wedding pictures - what a beautiful picture and bride!! Congrats on 11 years ... it truly is amazing all that happens and how fast time flies.

Claudia said...

Congratulations! What a great milestone!

james and bess said...

congratulations!!!! hope you got to escape the kiddos and enjoy some time together. :)! -bess

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Oh, Kim! You're a beautiful bride! You're STILL beautiful. Inside and out. :) Happy anniversary to ya! I think we celebrated ours on the same day, right? June 25th?? :) What fun! Keep making memories!

I posted some of our trip pictures that we just returned from to Oregon on our blog if you want to check it out. :)

Elisa said...

Congratulations! Look at all you guys have done! I guess it's good you finally got together! Happy Anniversary!

Kelsey Kamauu said...

Yay for 11 years!! sure love you guys and miss you too! Wondering why i never heard about these walks through dessert - sounds yummy :) te he - I love you and hope you had a wonderful anniversary! hmmm...in oregon I'll volunteer to watch your kids so you can have dinner or something together - for my present... :)