Sunday, May 24, 2009

Grand Plans ...

So I had grand plans yesterday - it was a Saturday, a big empty day, one of the few I have left, knowing that I'll be working soon. (Yes, I heard back from the job and start in the float pool at a women's hospital in Indianapolis June 1st - yeah!) I really am excited, minimal requirements, no holidays or weekends, I set my own schedule - it will be great, but free time is at a premium at this point and there are all kinds of projects to finish, well, at least start - bags, drapes, bibs, chore charts, Big D's baby book ... I spent the morning cleaning to justify time spent crafting later. Then, J.D. got home from a church responsibility and announced the neighborhood pool was open ... kids in the room ... I'll give him credit - he tried to tell me without telling everyone, but they knew what was up! They are smart like that. So, instead I went swimming with Master S and Miss Lilly and it was LOVELY! OK, so I wasn't happy when I left, but I was happy when I got back and the kids, well they were ecstatic and loved every minute of it. J.D. even got some much needed work done. Just a little reminder to to myself - 'just be' .. enjoy the moment and embrace the opportunity even if it isn't what you had planned.

2 comments:

Kelsey Kamauu said...

hmmm...sounds a lot like my saturdays no wonder I don't do any crafts...:) That is awesome you have a neighborhood pool! how fun!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Ahhh, yes. Words of wisdom. :) Your blog is a most therapeutic read!! I LOVE it!!