This weekend I had the opportunity to be unattached, without responsibility in a city I had never been before! And I have to say that I didn't get to see it the way I wanted to. It was a beautiful place that I need to go back to (as an attached and responsible wife and mother) and explore more with J.D. and the kids. I also got to be with a wonderful, new friend - I think we could have talked for 24 hours straight ... uninterrupted and without sleep! It was great to have some girl time to just chat about life. J.D. knew I needed an out and apparently there were a few others that recognized this too and made things happen so I could go to the 'Time out for Women' (put on my Deseret Book) in Cincinnati. Not only did I get to sit and listen to incredible women and men speak about the gospel but I also got to listen to incredible women with amazing musical talents. Needless to say it was a weekend to refocus, remember and relish in time, free from the daily tasks of life. Amazing how nice it can be to sit and actually listen, really focus on what is being said and apply it to my life --- haven't done that in awhile! Truth be known, it was difficult to sit still for that long! Kids have really decreased my attention span ... But, I'm glad I went - I learned a lot about what I know, why that is important and that I need to remember it!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Cincinnati
This weekend I had the opportunity to be unattached, without responsibility in a city I had never been before! And I have to say that I didn't get to see it the way I wanted to. It was a beautiful place that I need to go back to (as an attached and responsible wife and mother) and explore more with J.D. and the kids. I also got to be with a wonderful, new friend - I think we could have talked for 24 hours straight ... uninterrupted and without sleep! It was great to have some girl time to just chat about life. J.D. knew I needed an out and apparently there were a few others that recognized this too and made things happen so I could go to the 'Time out for Women' (put on my Deseret Book) in Cincinnati. Not only did I get to sit and listen to incredible women and men speak about the gospel but I also got to listen to incredible women with amazing musical talents. Needless to say it was a weekend to refocus, remember and relish in time, free from the daily tasks of life. Amazing how nice it can be to sit and actually listen, really focus on what is being said and apply it to my life --- haven't done that in awhile! Truth be known, it was difficult to sit still for that long! Kids have really decreased my attention span ... But, I'm glad I went - I learned a lot about what I know, why that is important and that I need to remember it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
oh how wonderful Kim! What a nice break - the best way to rejuvenate yourself really :)So glad you got to do that and it all worked out. Love you! Miss you! should we start an oregon count down yet? hmmm...just off the top of my head I think its 76 days - but who's counting? :)
How fun!!!!! Yea for your husband and for everyone else who made this happen - what a treat. I'm glad you had a good time.
Women's Conferences are therapy for the soul and balm for the weary. (Sorry about all of my comments, but I am loving your blog!)
Post a Comment