Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Egg Salad ...

Usually I post funny things the kids say in a different place on the blog, but this was so funny that I had to put it here .. Miss Lilly is just a giant vat of words lately. She talks in the bathroom, she talks in bed, she talks in the car, while she is eating, while watching t.v. If she isn't talking she is singing, or chating with imaginary friends, or yelling at her brother or or telling Big D how cute he is. I know when she is sleeping, because it is quiet ... ahhh, quiet! Anyway, we were on the way back from a walk to the park when we saw a big truck coming down the road (not out of the ordinary for the neighborhood with new homes being built). This is the conversation,
Miss Lilly: "What kind of truck is that?"
Mom: "It looks like a 'custom concrete' so it is probably the foundation guys."
Miss Lilly: "Oh, foundation guys -- mommy we know a song about that!"
Mom: "Oh?!..."
Miss Lilly (singing at the top of her lungs): "How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord, is laid for your faith in His "EGG SALAD" word."
For those of you not familiar with the song it is supposed to be 'excellent word'. We've been learning this one in Primary this year at church. LOL! Love it! Thank heavens she is so darn cute or I think all this talking would drive me crazy ... maybe I already am and just don't know it!

6 comments:

Claudia said...

HA HA HA!!! I am totally going to share that with our primary chorister on Sunday!
Another one of my favorite mistaken hymns is "Come, come ye saints, NO TOILET PAPER HERE". :-)

Heathelyn said...

LOL! That is SOOOO funny!!

Kelsey Kamauu said...

Love it! that is so cute - what a funny girl :) Miss you guys...also wish our primary was learning A song...ya enough said - So glad you shared that story - love you!

Flora said...

Claudia - I love it! That would be exactly how I would probably sing it - especially if I had to be a pioneer!

Yorgasons said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious!! I love miss lilly! She cracks me up!! Oh I can't wait til August!!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

LOL! Kids say the darndest things! I love it. :) And I love how you WRITE THEM DOWN! Parents always think they don't need to write things like that down because they think they'll remember something like that because it was so cute, but they don't. :( So good for you for documenting it! It will be priceless to them and to you one day. :) And good times now. :)