For months we've been planning the 'princess party' - the cake, the decorations, the games ... then two weeks before the day Miss Lilly announces that she really wants a 'Bolt' party - "What?!?!" I said ... because I've been planning ... Thinking that it was a passing thought because she'd seen Bolt recently (a Disney movie about a dog named Bolt) I gave it a day or two, but she insisted on Bolt, so Bolt it was! Invitations were a little tricky to find and I had to use some creative thinking for games, cake etc., but all in all it turned out great and very "Miss Lillyish". She loves animals, dogs and I think the girls had a great time too, even without the princess theme - definitely a unique take on a little girl's birthday party, but then again this is Miss Lilly we're talking about!
Friday, May 8, 2009
For months we've been planning the 'princess party' - the cake, the decorations, the games ... then two weeks before the day Miss Lilly announces that she really wants a 'Bolt' party - "What?!?!" I said ... because I've been planning ... Thinking that it was a passing thought because she'd seen Bolt recently (a Disney movie about a dog named Bolt) I gave it a day or two, but she insisted on Bolt, so Bolt it was! Invitations were a little tricky to find and I had to use some creative thinking for games, cake etc., but all in all it turned out great and very "Miss Lillyish". She loves animals, dogs and I think the girls had a great time too, even without the princess theme - definitely a unique take on a little girl's birthday party, but then again this is Miss Lilly we're talking about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
oh there is a cousin here that would have been in heaven at miss lily's party!!! :) so did the dog loving miss a generation or what? Love the pics and the cake - you are so good although Kia said he would have made a big green eye for the birthday cake :) ha ha ha - looks like it was really fun! :)
Post a Comment