Tuesday, December 9, 2008
HOME!
Someday my life will be back to normal, and I'll know where the camera is, there will be time to sit down and just surf, maybe even update my blog or actually look at somebody else's, there will be dinner in the oven instead of sandwiches again - lately it's make your own, cause mom is busy finding the silverware, the windows will have more than butcher paper to cover them and people won't be able to look through our house, there will be an actual living room with furniture to sit on and you'll be able to find Sunday clothes without digging through three boxes to find the shirt, belt and tie. Oh, and the fridge will have more than an empty milk jug and the pantry will have more than 2 boxes and cans of random food from the old house! Can you hear it in my voice yet?!?!? I LOVE MOVING!!!! Yes, it is a joyous, wonderful experience. I think we are finally getting things into semi-permanent places - although that could change with Big D's ever increasing ability to get into, on top of and through things. Between a badly sprained ankle (J.D.), and bad 24 hour flu (J.D. yesterday and me two weeks ago), a very sore neck (me), an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving and reunion with a missioary brother, a very long trip in the car - one that we won't be repeating anytime soon, and a beautiful home in a great neighborhood it has been a long month! When we got to Wyoming, we stayed in a "Little America". Miss Lilly was so impressed that she cried when we left, saying, "But I want to live here - this is our new house!" But, we really are home now and together looking forward to Christmas. What a wonderful time of year to remember a little family with a less than ideal situation who managed to bring the world an incredible blessing found in our Savior, who can bring peace and joy into the hearts of all who turn to Him, even in less than ideal situations. May we be blessed with it always! Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I love you! Thanks for putting into words how I have been feeling - EXACTLY- you always do that - I am lucky to have such a wonderful sister - wish we had moved closer not to opposite ends of the earth - cant' wait to see your beautiful house and all the neat things you do to it! Yes, it will happen just hang in there (also you have motivated me to get more boxes unpacked - ha ha you get to the point where it is like ok we can live on this...but yeah then you can't find that one shirt (had this happen today) or you look in the cupboard and even though you have been to the store 20 times in the last 2 weeks and thought you planned out meals, etc. you discover that AGAIN you are missing something (butterscotch chips for bon bons)...of course this only happens in my life you on the other hand will probably have everything organized and perf before me. :) You are amazing - like I said I love you! Wish you all the best!
And that day, when you can find the silverware will come soon! Congrats on your new home and new job. And have the Merriest of Christmases.
Well you survived the drive across the country good. Good luck with the unpacking and may it take you less time to get ready for church this week.
Oh Kim that sounds like so much fun!! Although I don't want to do it again anytime soon!! It is strange to have that wonderful feeling of being able to start all over again and yet miss everything you have left behind...story of my life! Well I can't wait to visit you guys...when it gets warmer. I am feeling like maybe hibernation is a good idea. PA is a lot colder than Boise or Tacoma! I am excited for you though!! It sounds like you are living in a great place! I can't wait to hear more about your ward and stuff like that when you finally get to go to church! :) Well we love you and miss you!! If miss lilly still doesn't like living there send her to us...then she will appreciate her nice big home more!! :)
Post a Comment