Monday, November 17, 2008

Leaves




Isn't it just the way life happens - as a kid I loved leaves! Especially in the fall when they turned all different colors and fell to the ground. Then, you could outline houses on the ground (floor plan style) and play house in them, or pile them up and jump in them, or just to hear them crunch as you walk through them, make wax paper books to save them . . . Ironically, the trees in my parents yard didn't produce much in the way of leaves as a child - enough to get some play in, but oh, my - look at them now! I think my parents could fill a few swimming pools with leaves each fall! There are so many! My kids got to help Grandpa with the last of the raking them up this year - and enjoyed some good piles and jumping into them. What a fabulous time of year . . . Fall!

1 comment:

caribookscoops said...

Hi Kim,

Sounds like you have been super busy. I can hardly believe you are moving across the country! What an adventure and so exciting!

Love the leaves. Also thought I'd drop a note since you are surely to be very busy. We are still planning our get together over at Boise Buddies if interested.