Friday, July 25, 2008

Endless Summer Days . . . and Nights!

One of the great things about living in Utah is that you get to set off fireworks twice in July - once for the 4th, and if you didn't get it quite right or didn't get all the festive activities you wanted crammed into the day, you can do it all again on the 24th! With J.D. home this week, we are focusing on the positive and doing some stuff that we haven't had the chance to do this year. And considering our track record this summer, we've not been able to do much, so we are cramming as much summer into this week as possible - swimming in the kiddie pool everyday, playing at the park, having BBQ's on the grill, having picnics on the grass, working in the yard, roasting marshmallows for smores on the grill, having water gun & water balloon fights and watching the neighbors set off some pretty fantastic illegal fireworks. The kids have been up so late every night this week - I'm afraid of what will happen next week when Master S has to get up for school on Tuesday morning at 7:30am -- oh, who am I kidding, what will I do when I have to get up that early?! And be functional?! So, these are some pics of Miss Lilly and Master S enjoying the sweetness of an endless summer night - eating smores!

And here is me on my birthday, eating a fat free fare . . . having no gall bladder has its interesting issues! Low fat is good - so I guess that weight loss I've been putting off, is happening sooner rather than later! Hopefully eating will get back to normal soon - it is supposed to, although I've heard rumors from others that some things will never be the same as far as digestion is concerned! Big D loved the fire and the cake - he loves to be at the table with the family, just wish I could convince him that eating from a spoon is a good thing too. Any suggestions on getting him to eat rice cereal? - he is just fighting it!!!

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

So you should check out my recipe blog (sillywitchrecipes.blogspot.com). My sister, Julie is the main poster and she's vegetarian. You might be able to find some recipes you could alter to suit your gallbladderless needs. I'm glad you get at least one week of summer in. I can't believe that school starts so early for you guys. Good luck with that. I always have to get up at 5 if I want to get exercising in when school starts. That means I should be in bed by 9:30. It's SO hard! It looks like everyone is healthy and happy!

Claudia said...

So glad to be in touch again! Your family looks great, and so do you!