I've been tagged before, but I thought this was a fun way to TAG, from my sister-in-law. We just got back from a trip to my parents for the 4th. We had a great time and I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. My brother just got back from a mission in El Salvador and it was wonderful to see him and spend some time with him. Master S loved having an uncle around to 'play with' - he's still talking about swimming with him. Also, you'll notice I've changed to nicknames for the family, another effort to keep things safe on the blog. So here's my repsonse to the ABC tag:
A- Attached or single: attached
B- Best Friend(s): Josh
C-Cake or Pie: cake, especially with ice cream!
D- Day of Choice: Friday, if I get lucky enough to have a date with J.D. this is the day is usually happens on!
E- Essential Item: my new joovy caboose stroller - it is great, Miss Lilly can stand or sit on the back and Big D's carrier fits in it until he's old enough to sit on the front - plus it folds up smaller than the single stroller I had before!
F- Favorite Color: purple & blue
G- Gummy Bears or Worms: neither - only chocolate!
H- Hometown: Boise, Idaho
I- Indulgence(s): ice cream
J- January or July: both! I love snow and I love sun and everything in-between, just not too much of one thing, which makes our location a great place to live. The weather never stays the same too long.
K - Kids: Master S (6), Miss Lilly (3), Big D (5 months)
L-Life is incomplete without: Primary - I seem to eat, drink, and live Primary these days; don't know how I'll ever go back to Relief Society and sit still?!?!
M- Marriage Date: 6/25/98
N- Number of Siblings: 5 - I'm the oldest
O-Oranges or Apples: apples (at least one a day - really, I do eat an apple everyday!)
P-Phobias or Fears: Spiders, wasps . . . just ask my kids, I freak out about them and so they do too.
Q-Quote(s): This was hung in my parent's home growing up and I didn't really realize what it said until I was a lot older -- but I love what it says and it really defines how my parents tried to raise us kids. "To live content with small means, to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion, to be worthy not respectable, and wealthy not rich, to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly, to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart, to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasions, hurry never - in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconsious, grow up through the common, this is to be my symphony." William Henry Channing
R- Reason To Smile: FLOWERS! The perennials in my back yard are finally filling in! The Delphinum are blooming with the hollyhocks and the cone flowers are really close too. The lillys in front are about ready to burst into color, the zinnias are bright pom, poms and the daisies will be full by the end of the week -- I love this time of year, when I can really enjoy my flowers - amazing to watch little miracles happen in my yard!
S-Something new: A great new way to cook corn on the cob -- throw in half a lemon in the boiling water, makes it taste delicious. I love new and delicious recipes - thanks for the tip Kels!
T-Tag: Anybody who likes to read this blog - for whatever crazy reason!
U-Unknown Fact About Me: I have this secret desire to teach someday, maybe that's why I love Primary so much. Maybe older elementary, or junior high, maybe even high school or college. I would love to be in a classroom with kids and have that experience - teach them about their body and how it works or science and discovery. Maybe when I get my masters it will be in education . . .
V- Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animal: Opressor of Animals --but I like to think I try for moderation and eat more fruit and vegetables
W- Worst Habit: nagging J.D. - I'm really trying to be better!
X- X-Rays or Ultrasounds: ultrasounds
Y- Your Favorite Food: potatoes - fried, mashed, boiled, baked, shredded . . . you get the idea!
Z-Zodiac: Cancer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Hey I dont know if you remember me..Nicole Fahnestock...you used to babysit me back in the day! :) I stumbled across your blog and just had to say hi! Your kids are darling! Good to see you are doing well! Take care
Post a Comment