Monday, July 21, 2008
Good to Great . . .
So, I had surgery to remove my gall bladder last week -- recovery is going well, just a little sore and kind of feels like someone kicked me in the stomach a few times. I can't eat things like ice cream, chocolate and anything with a significant amount of fat without paying for it later . . . I guess it is a great new diet plan! Mom came to help for the week, which was wonderful. I asked her if she ever felt like she was overwhelmed with the continuing onslaught of huge life stressors? She said, "Yeah, like if a bird popped on your head it wouldn't matter?" That made me laugh! Well, I thought we'd reached our max for at least the year, maybe even for the next ten - and then got some news that J.D. is looking for another job. Very unexpected and unplanned and we are in a tail spin so to speak, but optimistic and we are looking again. I'll spare the details, but it has been a 'series of unfortunate events' and I am anxiously looking forward to the end of this book!!! I'm pretty confident that things are going to be okay - I may be working a little bit more over the next little while, but my gut is telling me to be calm and to ride it out. Amazing how much can change in 24 hours and yet how much can stay the same, like we still went to church the next day, J.D. still taught his Primary class, Master S still gave his missionary talk in Primary, we are still together as a family and still enjoying the wonderful blessings of a home, a happy marriage and three beautiful children. I laid awake in bed last night thinking about the things that really matter and how my R.S. president said to me last night, that the reason why good people go through hard things is to make them great. Oh, help me to embrace the opportunity and not crumble in the midst of crazy, overwhleming character changing life events! Oh yeah -- happy 31st birthday to me! Seems kind of a side note today . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment