Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another Ambulance ride?!?!?

Yeah, another one . . . almost! I think the last two months will go down in the Flora Family History books as "The Summer of Hospitals"! Thursday morning I woke up and was doing the normal stuff, feeding the kids, helping them do their chores, cleaning up the dishes, making a million phone calls for Primary etc. When I very suddenly started having some very intense abdominal pain. I thought it was just something I ate, but within a matter of miuntes it had developed into the most incredible pain I have ever experienced, including childbirth and any pain I had with c/sections. I could hardly breathe, was having a hard time walking up the stairs and could barely dial Josh's number at work. He immeadiately said he'd come home, but he was at least 20 minutes away. I called my friend who was planning on coming over to play in the water that afternoon with her kids in our backyard to tell her not to come. She is a nurse and immeadiately knew that something was wrong. So, she came over, Spencer let her in and she found me lying on the bathroom floor still in an incredible amount of pain, cool, clamy and with a thready pulse -- so, she called 911. Josh did too, as he was frantically driving home from work. So, in a few minutes I had two fire engines at my house, and about 6 paramedics in my bedroom, trying to figure out what was arong with me. Needless to say, I ended up avoiding an ambulance ride - I was feeling a little better by the time they got me to the gurney outside and I chose to ride with Josh to the hospital. In the ER I had an ultrasound and discovered that I have gall stones and will be having surgery to remove my gall bladder next week! So, I'm doing better - on some great pain meds and taking it easy at home, just wishing life were a little different these days. Hoepfully I won't be down too long - Spencer starts school in a few weeks and there is lots to do with Primary and Work, but I keep praying that things will work out the way they need to and that I will have the time and energy to do what is most important. Life has an interesting way of making us re-focus and discover the most important things. Funny how they usually aren't on my list of things to do!

No comments: