It's finally spring and I am loving it! I even don't mind the rain . . . it makes it smell so wonderful outside. The lilacs that I got as starts from Grandpa & Grandma B's yard three years ago are blooming this year along the back fence with some beautiful tulips. I got the bulbs at Walmart last year, thinking that they were going to be a soft yellow/white stripe- what a great surprise to find that they bloom initally a pale yellow, but as they bloom more fully the edges turn pink and they fade into a deep pink as they age. It is so fun to look out while I'm doing dishes and see beautiful flowers. I just wish I could get out and do more mulching, weeding, & landscaping, but in time I guess. Babies aren't babies for forever and Big D is proving to be a delightful baby. We also got a fence last week -- it is wonderful to have boundaries for the kids, plus it really finishes off the look of the yard and gives us lots of shade in the afternoon - yeah! Maybe we can stand to be out there more this summer. The sprinklers are ready in the side yard, we just need to get topsoil down and get some sod, and finish the pathway to the back, and build the retaining wall for the slope, and . . . and . . . and . . there are so many things to do! Amazing how if you just keep at it, things eventually come together. I read something in a book about how people who plant trees and flowers are people who like change, they just know that the good kind of change takes patience and time and faith and that they know if they keep at the tending, the watering, the fertilizing, great and incredible things will happen. I hope I'm that kind of person - too many times I'm not patient at all - hopefullly I'll learn with time, tending, watering . . . maybe if I remember that it won't be so painful to learn!







1 comment:
You definitely have patience. I'd like to think that I helped you develop that trait since I was your roommate for a year! Your flowers are beautiful, and I'm so glad that you planted them and are enjoying them.
Post a Comment