Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rainy Days

We've seemed to have a lot of rainy days lately . . . more than usual this spring. Well, maybe not rainy, but snowy -- all the same when its dark and cloudy and cold. It was gorgeous on Monday and Tuesday, so my kids were loving being outside and enjoying the blue skies and puffy white clouds. So, Wednesday, when they woke up to pouring rain, Miss Lilly about had a nervous breakdown! After several hours of whinning and complaining about wanting to go outside I finally told Miss Lilly that she hade to get her coat, socks, shoes and hat on to go outside and until she got those on, she couldn't ask to go outside again. About 10 minutes later I could hear her getting into the coat closet with her Elly (stuffed elephant) telling Elly that she needed a rain coat and rain boots. And sure enough, in about 10 more minutes she came down and announced that she was going outside - with coat, boots and hood on. As she ran outside I thought that she might like an umbrella too, so I went and found one. She was so excited - finally some moments of peace and contentment!!! I went to work on some primary stuff with the window cracked open and pretty soon I heard this cute little voice, singing, "Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on me!!!". I looked out the window and Miss Lilly was dancing and singing with her umbrella in the pouring rain :) So, I snapped this picture and took some video. These are the moments that make motherhood so wonderful!

1 comment:

The Silly Witch said...

So prescious! Your version is much cheerier than The Warlock's. He sings "Mr Sun Sun Mr evil Sun" when the sun is shining in our children's eyes.